We are seeking applications from suitably qualified professionals to fill the position of Systems Engineer – Electrical - Trainee, reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager – Generation Maintenance. The Systems Engineer - Electrical - will be responsible for engineering designs, specifications and standards for modifications to the Company’s power systems. The Incumbent will also be required to design, construct, maintain, and troubleshoot engineering systems and deliver engineering, energy or customer solutions to customers that are reliable, efficient, safe and economic.
The Incumbent will function as a technical specialist; providing oversight on projects of varying complexity and supervision of multi-disciplinary teams. The Incumbent will primarily be assigned to any of the business areas requiring engineering expertise such as Generation or Transmission & Distribution, to manage these projects and/operations within schedule and budget limitations while coordinating the activities of teams, contractors and vendors. They may also be required to work within a shift system and/or in an industrial or office environment, as assigned or directed.
Job Duties include:
• Participating in the development, implementation and monitoring of comprehensive plans for improvement to the Company’s systems; identifying potential projects and business opportunities and the ROI for each that meets corporate and regional objectives.
• Developing technical and functional specifications for equipment and systems to meet performance requirements or to provide cost effective solutions.
• Managing preparation of, or preparing drawings for specific types of equipment and materials to be used in construction and installation of power systems.
• Managing projects of varying complexities including the determination of project scope, scheduling, budgeting and managing the resources to ensure that projects are completed within time, cost and quality requirements.
• Overseeing acceptance and/or performs type testing as necessary, prior to installation and commissioning of equipment and systems to ensure that they are designed and functioning according to specifications and safety standards.
• Managing all aspects of engineering or commercial assignments according to Company and utility best practice standards and best practices in project management; monitoring progress against plans, budgets and/or schedules during the implementation.
• Preparing required reports for management personnel to aid in business decision making and analysis.
• Reviewing existing systems, processes, procedures and work instructions and makes recommendations to improve or maintain system reliability and safety and to reduce costs by conducting technical and business analyses to determine appropriate facility upgrades.
• Providing engineering analysis and support to various business units across the business including fault identification, troubleshooting and rectification.
• Providing technical and commercial leadership as well as engineering support to business units including customer related initiatives.
• Representing the Company on various local and regional power systems planning committees and contribute to the evaluation of opportunities locally and in other territories.
• Providing support and coverage during outages and emergencies for call out on rostered duty and on non-rostered duty during natural disasters, blackouts etc. or any other abnormal condition that impairs service or public safety.
• Providing technical advice and assistance for operations and/or maintenance activities to ensure optimal utilization of power system resources to meet customer demands for energy.
• Implementing appropriate plant reliability and process improvements and evaluates their effectiveness.
• Developing procedures and work instructions and modifies existing procedures to improve reliability and asset performance.
• Liaises with Asset Management team to design system upgrades to improve the efficiency and reliability of the electrical supply to customers and to develop long term asset management plans for Generation assets.
• Assisting with requisitions for parts, components, supplies and equipment to be used for maintenance and operations.
• Coordinating all required regulatory inspections of machinery and equipment.
... View Full Details